The cost of living is a bit higher than some areas of the country, though you can still find rental houses at reasonable prices. If you want to rent to own, the average cost is $950 per month. If you are looking to buy outright instead, you're looking at average costs of $220,000. Most homes are valued at about $130,000. About 70 percent of residents own their homes, leaving less than 30 percent to rent. The vacancy rate for homes is less than 10 percent on average. Most of the properties are single-family homes that are not too old, as they were built between the 1940s and the 1970s. Due to Hialeah's growth, you should have no problem finding rental homes here.
Check out 300 Hialeah, FL rent to own homes for sale, which may include auction properties, for sale by owner, and more.
Arts and Culture Hialeah is rich in diverse culture. There are museums and activities that appeal to just about everyone, as well as a number of recreational and educational programs for children, families and senior citizens. There are cultural arts theaters, 15 parks, two tennis centers, a number of sport leagues, and activities for the city's most youthful residents. The Art on Pal Festival, Eggstravaganza, Santa's Snow Blast and the famous 4th of July celebration are all important to Hialeah residents. You can also visit the Amelia Earhart Park, which is a memorial to the famous female pilot. The newly developed Milander Park features a municipal auditorium, a 10,000-seat football stadium and a range of art exhibits. It also provides live entertainment and a bunch of interactive activities.
Local Sports There are many local youth sports opportunities, including the Recreation Soccer League and the City of Hialeah Flag Football, Recreational Basketball League, Girls' Volleyball, and Co-Ed Volleyball programs. For competitive sports, you'll find Fast Break Basketball, Hialeah Youth Soccer League, and the NFL Flag Football League. The Hialeah Park Race Track, featuring quarter horse races, provides betting fun. Not only is there a race track here, but you'll also find casinos in this city. The area also hosts numerous pools and aquatic centers, including Babcock Pool, McDonald Aquatic Center, Bucky Dent Aquatic Center, and Reid Pool.
Neighborhoods Hialeah is a vibrant city on the rise. Here are the neighborhoods you should know about: